Sheet Pan Dinner
Serves 4 plus leftovers
- 8 cups of assorted vegetables, such as: carrots, parsnips, yams, potatoes, Brussels Sprouts, broccoli, zucchini, red or white onion, peppers
- ½ teaspoon each: dried oregano, thyme, rosemary
- Black pepper to taste
- 4 ounces per serving of protein of your choice (if using)
Seasoned Cook: If cooking meat, sear on both sides before adding to vegetables. Fish does not need searing.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Wash vegetables and remove skin as necessary, cut into large bite-size pieces. Lightly spray two cookie sheets with oil. Then add veggies, spray lightly and toss. Roast uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, turn with spatula. Vegetables should still be firm but beginning to color. Sprinkle with herbs and pepper. Roast 10 more minutes or until tender.
- If cooking a protein, add it on top of the vegetables for the last 10 minutes. Plate and serve (shown here with fish).
Cauliflower Per serving: 192 calories, 5g protein, 44g carbohydrate (9g fiber), 1g fat (0g sat, 1g mono/poly), 71mg sodium