Salmon Cakes with Yogurt Aioli
- 1 pound cooked salmon or 14¾-ounce can salmon
- 2 green onions, finely chopped, (including green parts)
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup canned corn, drained
- ½ red pepper, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup plus 1 Tablespoon whole-wheat bread crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon avocado or coconut oil
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
Seasoned Cook: The secret to holding the cakes together is to refrigerate the salmon mixture before cooking, so the breadcrumbs absorb moisture from the other ingredients.
- Flake salmon and mix with next six ingredients. Add ¼ cup of the breadcrumbs and mix well. Refrigerate mixture for at least 15 minutes.
- Form into 4 cakes. Dust each side with remaining breadcrumbs.
- Put oil in pan and bring to medium heat. Add the cakes and cook until outside turns brown, approximately 3 minutes. Turn over and fry another 2 minutes until bottom is brown.
- Top with yogurt aioli and serve.
Salmon per serving: 215 calories, 27g protein, 16g carbohydrate (2g fiber), 5g fat (1g sat, 4g mono/poly), 217mg sodium
Aioli per serving: 12 calories, 1g protein, 2g carbohydrate (0g fiber), 0g fat (0g sat, 0g mono/poly), 44mg sodium