Roasted Broccoli with Feta
- 1½ pound broccoli, rinsed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 Tablespoon toasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoon toasted sunflower seeds
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice (optional)
- Black pepper to taste
Seasoned Cook: Substitute other vegetables such as green beans, asparagus, carrots, or cauliflower (roasting times may vary). For a spicier version, add red pepper flakes, Sriracha, or harissa. Try other cheeses such as Parmesan, pecorino or goat cheese.
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Cut head of broccoli into 2-3 inch florets. Peel rough outer skin of stalk and cut lengthwise into half-inch slices.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss broccoli with salt and olive oil until evenly coated.
- Roast in oven for about 20 minutes, tossing halfway through, until tender and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and transfer to platter. Toss with feta cheese, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, lemon juice and pepper. Serve while hot.
Per serving: 151 calories, 6g protein, 12g carbohydrate (5g fiber), 10g fat (2g sat, 8g mono/poly), 172mg sodium