Red and Yellow Potato Roasties
- 16 baby red and yellow potatoes (less than 2 inches in diameter)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Fresh thyme for garnish
Seasoned cook: This recipe produces potatoes that approximate the taste and texture of French fries but without the added fat and calories from deep-frying.
- Steam potatoes whole until tender enough to be very easily pierced by a knife (approx. 15 minutes).
- Place potatoes on cutting board. With the point of a paring knife, make an X on each potato but don’t cut all the way through. With rounded bottom of a large spoon, gently press down on the potatoes until they break. Try for the sweet spot where they flatten out but still retain their round shape and can be lifted in one piece with a spatula.
- Place flattened potatoes on broiler pan and brush with oil.
- Place under broiler on middle rack for 3 to 4 minutes. Potatoes are done when the exposed flesh begins to brown and get a little crisp. Garnish with thyme.
Per serving: 109 calories, 2g protein, 18g carbohydrate (2g fiber), 4g fat (1g sat, 3g mono/poly), 7mg sodium