Serves 1 per jar
Choose from each category:
- Dressing (2-3 Tablespoons) salsa, vinaigrette, Greek yogurt dressing, pesto
- Crunchy/”Wet” Vegetables (½ – 1 cup) radishes, cucumbers, tomatoes, avocados, onions, carrots, sweet peppers, celery, cauliflower, artichoke hearts
- Starch/Grain (½ cup) brown rice, peas, sweet potatoes, quinoa, corn, barley, farro, brown rice noodles, whole-wheat pasta
- Protein (½ cup) chicken, turkey, lean ground beef, low-fat sausage, hard-boiled eggs, lentils, baked tofu, fresh mozzarella, edamame, black beans, garbanzo beans
- Greens (1-2 cups) arugula, spinach, butter lettuce, fresh herbs, romaine, kale, mixed spring greens
Seasoned cook: Burned out on the same salads for lunch? Jar salads are a great way to experiment with different ingredients in a reusable container. Make 4-5 jars at a time to prep for the week’s lunches ahead! There are infinite possibilities when you mix and match ingredients.
- Start with 4 clean glass quart jars.
- Layer ingredients in order (as listed above).
- When ready to eat, empty contents into a bowl or on a plate. Or, shake and enjoy right out of the jar.