- ½ Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon basil
- Black pepper to taste
- ½ cup low-fat ricotta
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan, plus 1 Tablespoon
- 2 cups leftover Wagon Wheel Pasta Supper
- 3 Tablespoon avocado or canola oil
Seasoned Cook: If needed, add more spinach or other dark leafy greens with the pasta.
- Preheat the broiler.
- In an oven proof skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat and sauté the onion until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs, basil and pepper, then mix in the ricotta and Parmesan.
- Add the pasta on top of the onions, spreading it evenly, and then pour the egg mixture on top. Turn the stove to low heat and let it cook about 5 minutes, until partially set.
- Sprinkle the rest of the Parmesan on top and place 4-6 inches under the broiler until lightly browned. Remove from oven and loosen the frittata with a spatula, then slide it onto a serving plate.
Per serving: 364 calories, 22g protein, 28g carbohydrate (2g fiber), 18g fat (6g sat, 12g mono/poly), 466mg sodium