Herbaceous Garbanzo Bean
and Tomato Salad
- 1 cup mixed fresh herbs, such as basil, mint, and
- cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 black olives, pitted and sliced lengthwise
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon honey
Seasoned cook: You’ll love the bright flavors and versatility of this dish. It can stand alone or be served casually with canned fish or grilled lean protein.
- Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss to mix.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small glass jar and shake to incorporate.
- Pour dressing over salad, toss and serve.
Per serving: 249 calories, 9g protein, 32g carbohydrate (8g fiber), 10g fat (1g sat, 9g mono/poly), 120mg sodium