Cinnamon Oatmeal Breakfast Squares
with Yogurt and Fruit
Makes 12 servings
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- ½ cup apple sauce
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup light olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons shredded, unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup low-fat yogurt
- ½ cup low-fat milk
Seasoned Cook: This breakfast bar is great on-the-go or to heat up and top with yogurt on a cold morning.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine first three ingredients and 1½ teaspoons cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together next 7 ingredients until well combined.
- Add liquid to dry ingredients and stir thoroughly.
- Pour this mixture into a lightly oiled 8”x8” baking dish. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Sprinkle top with coconut and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and let cook for 10-15 minutes before cutting.
Per serving: 209 calories, 6g protein, 32g carbohydrate (3g fiber) 7g fat (1g sat, 6g mono/poly), 253mg sodium