Upside Down Wilted Spinach Salad
- ½ Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15-ounce can low-sodium tomatoes, with juice
- 1 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed and drained
- pepper to taste
- 2 cups spinach, or other leafy greens
- 4 teaspoon grated Parmesan
Seasoned Cook: With these staples from your pantry, you can have a quick meal on the table in 15 minutes. Serve with a poached egg for a hearty meal.
- In a medium sauce pan, heat olive oil and sauté onion and garlic until slightly browned.
- Add tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add beans and simmer 3 more minutes.
- Turn off heat and season with pepper.
- Dish into wide bowls, divide spinach among each serving and top with Parmesan. As they are mixed in, the greens will wilt to create a warm salad.
Per serving: 146 calories, 8g protein, 22 carbohydrate (8g fiber), 4g fat (1g sat, 3g mono/poly), 479mg sodium