Turkey Chili Verde
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ 4-ounce can whole green chilies, seeded and chopped
- 8 ounces ground turkey breast
- 1½ 14.5-ounce cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 12-ounce can tomatillos, seeded and chopped, with juice
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 Tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 2 green onions, chopped fine with green portion
- ¼ cup low sodium, low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat olive oil in large sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic, bell pepper, chilies, and ground turkey. Sauté until turkey is lightly browned and vegetables are soft, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add white beans, tomatillos, and chili powder, cumin, and oregano. Bring to a boil, then turn heat down and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve and add sour cream. Garnish with cheddar cheese and green onions.
Per serving: 408 calories, 31g protein, 56g carbohydrate (12g fiber), 6g fat (1g sat, 5g mono/poly), 136mg sodium