Super Greens Pasta Bake
- 12 ounces dry whole-wheat fusilli (or other pasta)
- 3 cups tomato sauce with onions and garlic (no salt added)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups dark leafy greens (kale, spinach, Swiss chard or collards)
- 1 ½ cups part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups cooked, diced protein (chicken or low-fat turkey sausage) (optional)
Seasoned Cook: Extra onions and garlic can be added. Be sure to taste the tomato sauce before using and add seasonings if needed. Red pepper flakes can be a spicy addition.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Saute mushrooms in olive oil.
- In a bowl, combine tomato sauce, mushrooms and greens with the pasta and mix. Add optional chicken or sausage if using. Add pepper to taste.
- Pour into oven-proof casserole dish. Top with cheese and bake 20-30 minutes, until heated through and cheese is bubbly.
Per serving: 242 calories, 13g protein, 37g carbohydrate (2g fiber), 5g fat, (3g sat, 2g mono/poly), 130mg sodium