Spaghetti Squash with No-Nut Pesto and Shrimp
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh curly parsley
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Seasoned Cook: Top with a lean protein like baby shrimp, as shown here. If you can’t walk away from pasta altogether, start with mixing this into your pasta, half and half.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Wash squash, cut in half lengthwise and spoon out the seeds. Punch a few holes in outer skin with a fork. Place squash cut side down on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pulse the basil, parsley, garlic, ¼ cup Parmesan and lemon juice in a food processor.
- With food processor running, add olive oil in steady stream.
- Remove squash from oven, let cool until it is cool enough to handle. Using a fork, “spoon” out the spaghetti-like strands of squash into a colander and let drain.
- Gently toss pesto with spaghetti squash in a large bowl. Serve with remaining Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
Per serving: 180 calories, 5g protein, 12g carbohydrate (3g fiber), 13g fat (3g sat,10g mono/poly), 197mg sodium