Makes 1 cup
- ½ cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice, seeds removed
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil (or unsalted butter)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Seasoned Cook: Refrigerate leftover lemon curd for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 1 year.
- In a small sauce pan, combine lemon juice, zest, eggs and yolk; whisk together until thoroughly blended.
- Add honey and coconut oil, turn heat to medium-low, and stir constantly until the oil has melted.
- Increase heat to medium and continue to stir constantly until small bubbles start to appear and curd thickens, about 7-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla, and strain mixture into a large measuring cup. Pour into a glass jar and seal with lid. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
Per serving: 43 calories, 1g protein, 6g carbohydrates (0g fiber), 2g fat (1g sat fat, 1g mono/poly), 10mg sodium