Seared Pork Tenderloin
with Strawberry Salad
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1½ cups strawberries, halved (8 ounces)
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup low sodium chicken broth
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- ¼ cup basil leaves, shredded (for garnish)
Seasoned Cook: If cooking on the grill, preheat to 400°F. Brush meat lightly with olive oil and place on hot grill. Sear the outside, drop temperature to medium low (if on charcoal, move to indirect heat area), and cook 15-20 minutes per pound until internal temperature is 145°F. Remove from heat and tent with foil for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine balsamic vinegar and sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Add strawberries and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Season pork with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Heat oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, sear the pork until golden on both sides. Move pan to the oven and roast for 10 minutes or until pork is 150°F. Remove skillet from oven, tent with foil and let rest for 10 minutes. Temperature will rise to 155°F. Wrap pork in foil to keep warm.
- Heat same skillet over medium heat and add stock to deglaze the pan. Bring broth to a boil, add strawberry mixture, then reduce heat to low and warm strawberries through. Season with optional ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Slice pork and lay over salad greens on a large platter. Top with sauce and sprinkle with basil.
Per serving: 207 calories, 25g protein, 12g carbohydrate ( 2g fiber), 6g fat (1g sat, 5g mono/poly), 295mg sodium, (with optional ¼ tsp salt: 583mg sodium)