Savory Squash with Smoky Pork Chops
- 1½ pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded, cut into ½-inch slices
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1½ teaspoons each rosemary and sage, chopped
- 4 pork chops (bone in 1¾ pounds; boneless 1¼ pounds)
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon fresh herbs, finely chopped (thyme, sage, rosemary)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
Seasoned Cook: Green beans make a great complement to this dish. Season and put them in the oven at the same time as the pork chops, so they finish together.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Mix together paprika, black pepper, spices and herbs and rub onto pork chops evenly. Set aside.
- Place squash and herbs in a mixing bowl, spray with cooking spray and toss until squash is well coated. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet to medium-high. Add the chops, searing on each side until golden brown.
- Place them on the squash and bake another 15 minutes (or until pork internal temperature is 150-155°) and squash is tender.
Per serving: 505 calories, 32g protein, 22g carbohydrate (4g fiber), 12g fat (2g sat, 10g mono/poly), 72mg sodium