Rustic Curry Cauliflower Soup
Makes 6 cups
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced leek (white and light green parts)
- 2 Tablespoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric (optional)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 head cauliflower trimmed and chopped (about 2 cups)
- ½ cup cooked garbanzo beans
- 1 cup lite coconut milk
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Garnish options: 1/3 cup chopped cilantro, lime wedges, plain yogurt, toasted pumpkin seeds
Seasoned Cook: Double the recipe and freeze half for another meal.
- Heat olive oil and sauté the leek, curry, turmeric, and salt until leeks are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower, garbanzo beans, coconut milk and broth. Bring to a low boil and simmer until cauliflower is very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly and puree in a blender. The consistency should be just a little chunky. Reheat before serving.
- Serve with a plate of garnishes.
Per serving: 101 calories, 5g protein, 9g carbohydrates (3g fiber), 9g fat (3g sat fat, 5g mono/poly), 283mg sodium