Roasted Cauliflower and Carrots
in Mustard Sauce
- 1 small head cauliflower, trimmed into florets (about 2 cups)
- 1 pound carrots (about 4 large), diagonally cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard (or your favorite specialty mustard)
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- salt to taste (optional)
Seasoned Cook: Use this basic dressing over other vegetable combinations, too.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a bowl, toss cauliflower florets and carrots with 2 teaspoons olive oil and pepper. Cover and microwave five minutes.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking oil spray. Place vegetables in a single layer in the pan. Roast 10 minutes, until vegetables are tender and cauliflower edges are browned.
- While the vegetables are roasting, combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, mustard, horseradish, and honey in a small bowl. Remove vegetables from oven, toss with the sauce and parsley.
Cauliflower Per serving: 138 calories, 3g protein, 18g carbohydrate (5g fiber), 7g fat (1g sat, 4g mono/poly), 213mg sodium