Rainbow Pesto Fish
- 4 cups vegetables, cut into 2-inch pieces
- (bell pepper, yellow squash and red onion)
- 1 pound firm white fish (halibut, Pacific cod or rockfish)
- 2 cups combinaton of fresh herbs, such as basil, mint,
- cilantro or parsley)
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan or Romano cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup raw pecan halves
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Seasoned Cook: This recipe makes 1 cup of pesto. Use extra as a base for salad dressing, to flavor vegetables or spread on sandwiches and wraps.
- Preheat oven to 450. Place vegetables in a large bowl and lightly toss with olive oil and salt. Spread on 1-2 roasting sheets. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor fitted with an “s” blade, combine herbs, cheese, garlic and pecans. While food processor is running, slowly pour oil through top opening until desired texture and taste is achieved.
- Rinse fish in cool water. Pat dry. Place on top of roasted vegetables and return to oven for an additional 10-12 minutes. Fish is done when it “bounces back” or flakes.
- Plate the roasted vegetables, then top with fish and pesto.
Per serving: 170 calories, 20g protein, 6g carbohydrate (2g fiber), 7g fat (1g sat, 6g mono/poly), 390mg sodium