Popeye’s Spinach and Bean Soup
- 1 15-ounce can low-sodium kidney or navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 24-ounce can low-sodium tomatoes, chopped, undrained
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- pepper to taste
Seasoned Cook: This soup that can be a quick lunch or add shredded chicken or fish to a delicious, easy dinner.
- In a large soup pot stir in first 6 ingredients.
- Heat soup to boiling; reduce heat and simmer 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir spinach into soup. Season to taste with pepper.
Per serving: 147 calories, 9g protein, 29g carbohydrate (10g fiber), 1g fat (.1g sat, .2g mono/poly), 583mg sodium