Plum Caprese Salad
- 4 plums
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 10 basil leaves
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
Seasoned cook: If you can’t find plums, use peaches instead. For a thicker dressing, reduce the balsamic vinegar to a syrup over low heat.
- Using a sharp knife, slice plums into thin half moon slices, carving out the pit.
- Layer slices of plum with mozzarella and basil leaves for a beautiful presentation.
- Just before serving, drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette.
Per serving: 180 calories, 8g protein, 9g carbohydrate (1g fiber), 13g fat (5g sat, 8g mono/poly), 151mg sodium