No-Mayo Potato Salad
- 1 pound small red potatoes, skins on
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon mustard of your choice
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- ¾ cup fresh herbs, such as cilantro, parsley, chives,
- tarragon, oregano, basil, thyme, finely chopped
Seasoned cook: Make this a one meal dish by adding cooked green beans, peas, and eggs, meat or shrimp on a bed of lettuce. Unlike other potatoes, red potatoes tend to hold their skins intact after steaming.
- Using a basket, steam potatoes 15 minutes at full boil until a knife point goes in easily but still firm. Remove from pot and let cool enough to handle. Then cut into ½-inch cubes. Place in a bowl.
- Add dressing, toss and refrigerate up to 24 hours for the flavors to meld together.
- Add pepper to taste and serve.
Per serving: 141 calories, 2g protein, 13g carbohydrate (2g fiber), 9g fat (1g sat, 8g mono/poly), 48mg sodium