Mango Cucumber Salsa with Chicken
- 2 Tablespoons garlic, minced (4-6 cloves)
- ¼ cup mint and cilantro, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- ½ cup cucumber, seeded and diced
- ½ cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 1½ teaspoons each: lime zest and lime juice
Seasoned Cook: This can be prepared in advance (up until broiling). Consider adding any variety of fresh or frozen fruits for extra color, nutrients, and fiber. For a bold change, serve this dish with black quinoa, shown here.
- Combine ingredients. Marinate chicken 3 hours or overnight.
- Discard marinade, and broil chicken until browned, about 5 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix. Set aside for 20 minutes to allow flavors to meld. Serve on chicken.
Per serving: 243 calories, 30g protein, 20g carbohydrate (4g fiber), 5g fat (1g sat, 4g mono/poly), 381mg sodium