Our faculty are pioneers in the innovation and development of new diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for the treatment of Vascular and Structural Heart Disease. All Prairie Vascular physicians are active investigators in multiple clinical trials. This provides our fellows first-hand experience with novel devices. Fellows will have direct involvement with cutting edge research and will be encouraged to publish from their experience.
In addition, qualified fellows can receive further training in complex coronary interventions, such as complex chronic total coronary occlusions and participate in neurovascular interventions such as acute stroke interventions and coil embolization of cerebral aneurysms.
Physicians may apply for one- to six-month training positions. For physicians able to dedicate an entire year to their advanced training, we continue to accept applications for one position beginning every July.
Prairie’s Advanced Heart and Vascular Fellowships focus on evidence-based therapies.
Vascular MedicineFellows in Vascular Medicine will learn advanced techniques in the following:
- Non-Invasive Vascular Imaging
- Chronic Venous Disease Management
- Endoluminal Laser and Radiofrequency Venous Ablation
- Ambulatory Phlebectomy
- Foam Sclerotherapy
- Wound Care
- Complex Venous Thromboembolism
- Anticoagulation Management
- Pseudoaneurysm Injection
- Vasospastic Phenomenon
- Uncommon vascular disorders
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Endovascular MedicineFellows in Endovascular Medicine will learn advanced techniques in the following:
- Carotid Artery Interventions
- Subclavian Artery Interventions
- Renal Artery Interventions
- Renal Artery Denervation
- Mesenteric Artery Interventions
- Endovascular Abdominal and Thoracic Aneurysm Repair
- Subintimal Angioplasty and True Lumen Reentry Techniques
- Iliac Artery Interventions
- Femoral Artery Interventions
- Infrapopliteal Artery Interventions
- Limb Salvage Procedures
- Interventional Management of Acute Iliofemoral DVT
- Interventional Management of Acute Pulmonary Embolism
- Venous Chronic Total Occlusions
- IVC Filter Placement and Retrieval
Structural Heart DiseaseFellows in Structural Heart Disease will learn advanced techniques in the following:
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (Edwards/S3, Corevalve/Evolute, Lotus, Direct Flow)
- Transseptal Catheterization
- Mitral Clip
- Percutaneous Left Atrial Appendage Ligation
- Transcatheter ASD and PFO Closure
- Percutaneous Perivalvular Leak Repair
- Percutaneous Ventricular Restoration
Coronary Chronic Total OcclusionFellows in Coronary Chronic Total Occlusion will learn advanced techniques in the following:
- Hybrid Algorithm
- Antegrade single wiring
- Antegrade dissection reentry
- Retrograde collateral crossing
- Septal surfing
- Controlled antegrade and retrograde subintimal tracking
- CART technique
- Reverse CART technique
Earn money during your Fellowship
We understand that it is difficult to take time away from your practice to complete your training. We are now offering a moonlighting opportunity with Prairie Cardiovascular Consultants in Springfield, Illinois. Take general and/or interventional call, with us, on the weekends during your training fellowship and supplement your income.
Apply for a one year FellowshipFor physicians who are able to dedicate a year to advanced training in Vascular Medicine, Endovascular Medicine, Structural Heart Disease and Coronary Chronic Total Occlusions, we offer a one year paid fellowship. This fellowship begins every July and is offered to the most qualified applicant. If accepted, you will receive salary for the year and your malpractice insurance plus tail coverage paid for.
Notice of Nondiscrimination: English
Prairie Cardiovascular is a provider of cardiovascular health care and treatments in multiple locations throughout central Illinois. Our organization provides the best cardiologists in the state, with renowned surgical precision and professional advice on heart-related concerns. We test and medically treat for all common heart symptoms such as chest pains, hypertension, high blood pressure, murmurs, palpitations, high cholesterol, and disease. We have several locations including major cities such as Decatur, Carbondale, O'Fallon, and Springfield.