Hot Quinoa Cereal
with Yogurt and Fruit
- 1 ¾ cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed thoroughly
- 2 Tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- ½ cup milk of choice
- 2 small bananas, sliced
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 Tablespoons maple syrup (or to taste)
- ½ cup sliced almonds
Seasoned Cook: Mix and match your favorite grain, fruit, nuts, and seeds for variety. This nutty, protein-packed seed is a great gluten-free source of fiber, antioxidants and magnesium.
- In a heavy saucepan, bring water, quinoa, and flaxseeds to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 10-15 minutes or until all water is absorbed.
- Stir in almond milk, bananas, blueberries and maple syrup.
- Serve in bowls, and top with almonds.
Per serving: 370 calories, 12g protein, 59 carbohydrate (9g fiber), 12g fat (1g sat, 11g mono/poly), 22mg sodium