Grilled Turkey Breast and Peaches
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice, or cinnamon or cloves
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless turkey breast (about half of a whole turkey breast)
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 peach halves or pineapple spears, preferably fresh
Seasoned Cook: Chicken and pork partner well with this fiber-rich whole grain. It’s easy to overcook fish: Plan on just 6 to 8 minutes per inch of thickness, or when the middle is still a bit shiny. It will continue to cook off the heat.
- In a shallow bowl or resealable bag, combine first 7 ingredients and mix. Remove 3 Tablespoons of the mixture and set aside. Add the onions and turkey breast to the bowl or bag and marinate for 1 to 4 hours.
- To Grill: Remove turkey breast from marinade and grill over medium high heat 12 to 15 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Add balsamic vinegar to reserved marinade and place 1 Tablespoon in the hollow of each peach half. Grill over medium heat for the last 10 minutes of grilling the turkey.
- Remove turkey breast from the grill or oven and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- To Roast: Preheat oven to 400°F. Place turkey on broiler pan in center of oven and roast for 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Add balsamic vinegar to reserved marinade and place 1 Tablespoon in the hollow of each peach half. Place in oven with turkey for the last 10 minutes.
Per 4 oz. serving: 224 calories, 30g protein, 14g carbohydrate (2g fiber), 6g fat (1g sat, 5g mono/poly), 457mg sodium.