Fruit Salad with Yogurt and Honey
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 orange, bite-sized pieces, pith removed
- 1 cup grapes, cut in half
- 1 pear, diced
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup slivered almonds or chopped hazelnuts
- 2 Tablespoons raisins
- fresh berries in season (optional)
Seasoned Cook: Use a variety of seasonal fruits. Fruit is naturally rich in fiber and potassium and low in sodium—all linked to naturally lowering blood pressure.
- Stir together the yogurt, honey, and vanilla until smooth.
- Prepare fruit and toss together in a bowl. Sprinkle fruit with lemon juice.
- Combine with yogurt mixture. Divide into serving bowls and top with nuts and raisins.
Per serving: 230 calories, 6g protein, 44g carbohydrate (5g fiber), 5g fat (trace sat, 5g mono/poly), 50mg sodium