Family Night Fish Tacos
- ½ pound cod or other firm white fish
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 15½-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 6 large corn or whole-wheat tortillas, warmed in oven
Seasoned Cook: Chop and dice ahead of time, so this dinner can be on the table as quickly as you want.
Suggested condiments: salsa, low-fat sour cream, shredded cabbage, diced tomatoes and sliced avocado.
- Season fish with pepper.
- Heat olive oil and sauté red pepper, onion, garlic and oregano. Place in a bowl.
- Sauté fish until cooked through, then flake into small pieces.
- Fold beans and olives into the fish and heat through. Add fish mixture to vegetables and sprinkle with lime juice.
- To make a taco, place mixture in center of tortilla with condiments. Fold opposite sides in and roll.
Per serving: 179 calories, 14g protein, 22g carbohydrate (7g fiber), 5g fat (0g sat, 5g mono/poly), 485mg sodium