Edamame and Black Bean Salad
- 1 10-ounce package frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 15-ounce can low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- (or 1½ cups cooked)
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- 2 cups celery (about 3 medium stalks), thinly sliced
- ½ cup cilantro, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 cups cabbage, chopped, or coleslaw mix
- 3 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 Tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
Seasoned cook: A great “make-ahead” dish because it gets better as it marinates.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients, then add to the vegetable mixture.
- Chill until cold, about 1 hour. Serve.
Per serving with dressing: 383 calories, 22g protein, 56g carbohydrate (21g fiber), 8g fat (1g sat, 7g mono/poly), 49mg sodium (with optional salt: 323mg sodium)