Crunchy Curry Roasted Chickpeas
Makes 3 cups
- 3 cups (or 2 15-ounce cans) cooked chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons curry blend
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Seasoned Cook: Best enjoyed fresh out of the oven. They will keep for about 1 week, in a sealed container and at room temperature, but they tend to lose their crunch after the first day. For maximized crunchiness, dry thoroughly after rinsing.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- After rinsing beans, reduce moisture by spreading out on a clean kitchen towel and patting dry.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients and stir. Spread in a single layer on 1 to 2 large, rimmed non-stick baking sheets.
- Roast for 15 minutes, stir and return to oven for another 15 minutes. Chickpeas are done when they are slightly browned and crispy.
Per ½ Cup Serving: 200 calories, 10g protein, 32g carbohydrate (9g fiber), 4g fat (0g sat,4g mono/poly), 15mg sodium