Cranberry Pecan Energy Balls
Makes 18 balls
- 2 cups pecans
- 1 cup dried dates, pitted, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ teaspoon each, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg
- ¾ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
Seasoned Cook: In a hurry? Simply transfer mixture to a 9 x 9 inch baking dish and press into an even layer. Top with coconut. Refrigerate for 1 hour, remove and cut into squares for energy bars on the go.
- Place pecans, dates, cranberries and spices in a food processor bowl fitted with an “s” blade.
- Process for at least 1 minute, pausing and pulsing as needed to break down mixture.
- Once mixture has become thick and sticky, begin rolling into small, 1-inch balls.
- Roll balls in shredded coconut and store at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Per one ball: 161 calories, 2g protein,13g carbohydrate (3g fiber), 9g fat (2g sat,7g mono/poly),1mg sodium