Cinnamon Maple Granola
Makes 16 servings
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 cup raw, unsalted nuts such as walnut pieces or slivered blanched almonds
- 1 cup seeds, such as flax, hulled pumpkin or sunflower
- 5 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
Seasoned Cook: Our master granola recipe becomes the foundation for an array of breakfast ideas. Just add fresh or dried fruit and nonfat yogurt or milk.
Note that while this recipe is high in fat, it’s the healthier fats.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly coat 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Stir well and spread thinly onto baking sheets.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then stir mixture. Continue baking another 10–15 minutes, until mixture is crispy and golden brown. Remove from oven and cool. Store in an air-tight container for about 2 weeks or in freezer for 1 month.
Per ½ cup serving: 270 calories, 7g protein, 27g carbohydrate (4g fiber), 16g fat (2g sat, 14g mono/poly), 3mg sodium