and Cannellini Bean Dip
Makes 2 cups
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1½ cups canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ground black pepper or cayenne to taste (optional)
- Over medium heat, heat olive oil in skillet. Add onions and rosemary; sauté until very soft or caramelized. Remove rosemary stem.
- Add onion and all other ingredients to food processor and blend until smooth.
Per 2 Tablespoons: 55 calories, 3g protein, 9g carbohydrate (2g fiber), 1g fat (0 sat, 1 mono/poly), 2mg sodium