Busy Morning Breakfast Bites
Makes 1 dozen
- 9 eggs
- 1½ cups ricotta
- 1-2 Tablespoons dried herbs
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups mixed vegetables (broccoli, red pepper, mushrooms), cut into bite-sized pieces
Seasoned Cook: Ricotta is a great way to enjoy dairy. Lower in fat and higher in protein than hard cheeses, ricotta is high in minerals such as potassium, calcium and magnesium – helpful in reducing blood pressure.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl, crack eggs and whip. Add ricotta, herbs, mustard and whip again.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a medium skillet. Add mixed vegetables and sauté until soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Evenly distribute cooked vegetables into lightly-oiled muffin tins and cover with egg batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Eggs are done when they have puffed up and remain solid when shaken. Remove and let cool.
Per 2 muffins: 210 calories, 18g protein, 6g carbohydrate (1g fiber), 13g fat (5g sat, 8g mono/poly), 180mg sodium